Sunday, May 3, 2009
Shopping on April 24th
Today I went shopping for a baby gift for a friend. I saw different women in the store that were pregnant and something hit me; I’m one of “them” now. I can explain further. There was a time in our journey of trying to become pregnant, that I found it so difficult to go grocery shopping. Every pregnant woman around me was a constant reminder that God has not given me a child yet and I did not understand why. Looking back now, a couple of years of trying to conceive doesn’t seem that bad. But isn’t it that way with everything in life. Hind site is always better. Now we are so excited about the timing of our little baby boy and also so excited to have had over six years of a wonderful marriage together by the time he arrives. Geremy and I will celebrate six years of marriage next Sunday, my first “Mother’s day” (if I get to count that since he’s not born yet). What a joy it has been to be married to such a wonderful man. I now see that where we are is not by our own effort but by the blessing of God and the work He has done in us. So to bring this post back around, we are so thankful for God’s timing and for the part of our journey that reminds us that we can trust God no matter what!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment