Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family Time...




One of our last big showers was hosted by my sister Sarah. It was such a great shower. We invited a lot of family to this one and had so much fun together. I was spending time with God the morning of my shower and had written a prayer of thanks that I want to share with you. "Lord thank you for a family that loves me like you do. Their love for me blows my mind. They forgive me and seem to see the best in me. What a blessing." As I think about having Will and loving my own child, I am constantly in awe of how much God loves me and how much my parents love me. It definitely excites me to think about these things. The shower was a true celebration of what God has done in Geremy and I's life by answering our prayers and giving us a child. My sister was such a great hostess and had everything decorated so well. The highlight of the gifts we received was a sailboat quilt that my Granny (my Mom's Mom) made for Will. The sails on the sailboat were made out of my Papa's (my Mom's Dad) old flannel shirts. I could recognize so many of them. Thankfully, I still have my Papa and Granny around and they will meet Will soon, but to know that Will will have a piece of them after they are gone, meant so much. I can't say enough of how thankful I am for my entire family, both Dad and Mom.

1 comment:

  1. These are such cute pictures of you Meriam! I can't wait to meet Will face to face!

    ReplyDelete