Monday, October 26, 2009

One month has gone...

It's hard to believe that one month has already come and gone since we brought Will home from the hospital.  Geremy and I went out to eat yesterday and I realized how much a blur the last month has been.  Sleep deprivation, a very tough recovery and adjusting to a whole new life fully explain the blur.  I wanted to share some highlights from the past month so that you can all share in the joys of new parenthood. :)

Week one - We entered no sleep zone.  Mom helped a ton that week.  I was still in a lot of pain from delivery.  We had several Dr visits that week.  Will had lost too much weight.  We had to start giving formula in addition to nursing.

Week two - Will is started to latch on better.  He gained weight and now weighed 7 lbs 5 ounces.  We are both still going to the Dr a lot.

Week three - My sister is in town for the week.  This was my first week doing the night feedings alone.  I am definitely not adjusted to only sleeping in increments.  Will is really starting to gain weight.  He already looks so different.  We got Will's newborn pictures taken.  Geremy and I went out to eat together and left Will with Geremy's parents for the first time.

Week four - This is my first week alone during the day.  It was rough, but I was feeling good by the end of the week.  We discovered Will has reflux and headed back to Dr again.  Surprise, Will now weighs 8 lbs 14 ounces.  The Dr was very excited about his weight gain.  Geremy and  I took Will out that weekend just a few times.  We notice that Will is holding his head up a lot and can turn it from left to right.

 

2 comments:

  1. So thrilled to see that things are getting better for you guys! He is such a cutie, I hope you are enjoying every minute with him

    Julie Chesebro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new photos; Will truly is a gorgeous baby, and what a great summary of his first month! Praying that your recovery gets easier and Will lets you both get more sleep again soon. :) I can't believe it's been a month already, either - and over a week since we saw you! Where does time go?!?? I hope we can get together again soon; let us know when things calm down a bit for you and maybe we can do dinner again, or Kaylee and I can come for a baby playdate to let Mommy get some sleep while we take care of Will. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete