Monday, November 9, 2009
Doula to the rescue
About two weeks ago I had a Doula come and help me. (For those that don't know, a Doula is like a baby consultant) Her name is Penny Gilchrist and she turned my world upside down. There was so much that I didn't know about how to take care of Will. I also didn't know how to get on a schedule. Penny spent 3 1/2 hours with me and after she was done, everything was better. She watched me nurse Will and helped me realize that he was a good eater and that feeding him was easier than pumping each time. She then gave me exercises to do with him and wrote out a schedule for him and me. I felt like a new person when she left. Since she was at our home, I have gotten out once a day every day and the nights have been better with Will sleeping. Penny has been checking in with me and has been an invaluable resource of baby knowledge. I am so thankful that we have her as a resource!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so very proud of you, Meriam Dolan!
ReplyDelete